Hello millions of people who read my blog. Once again I have not been keeping up in this thing as much as I would have hoped, and everytime I write a new entry I end up saying, "Its been a long time...." Since that is starting to get annoying I'm just going to pretend it hasn't been a long time. So last week the internet in my apartment went dead for about 3 days, and it made me really aware of how dependent we all are on the internet. I challenge you to go three days without checking your email, facebook, the news, or espn.com. Its honestly a crazy feeling, which is weird considering 15 years ago barely anybody had the internet.
The really strange thing about this three day period, however, was that I became borderline depressed. It wasn't even like I didn't have the internet, I just had to go to the library or a cafe every time I wanted to check things. Of course, since that is a hassle I would just check all my internet stuff once a day, but then the rest of the day I felt really alone and bored. I mean, I guess it was also because my friends were all busy and I really had nothing going on during those days. So I spent most of the time by myself with my thoughts, my Ipod, and a book. It was relaxing, but at the same time I was dying to get on facebook and just zone out for a couple minutes.
So school is winding down, even though I have a month left here in Leiden. Sorry my computer just died and I lost track of what I was typing before it crashed on me. I'll be back in the United States on June 28th, and I can't wait. I'm still going to have some fun while I'm in Europe though- mostly around the Holland area because money is tight. I will be going to London for one weekend, staying with my cousins. Overall a pretty nice way to finish off the semester. When I get back I turn into a work machine. LSATs and two jobs by the looks of it.
Umm, thats it for now. Listening to some new music I've been exploring: The Arctic Monkeys, Bloc Party, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, etc. I wish I had whole days to just explore music and get really knowledgable and have all this new awesome stuff. Anyway, I'll try and write in this blog more often, but we'll see how that goes.
AC
No comments:
Post a Comment