Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Drowning out my hatred of Hillary with Matt Pond PA

Yes, I know that the title of this post sounds really strange, but let me explain. Actually, I think the title more or less speaks for itself. I'm really not liking Hillary Clinton right now, and her latest antics aren't helping any. She made some retarded ad that said something like "When you're asleep at 3am, the phone is ringing in the White House. Who do you want answering that call?" I think that is absolutely the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I guess she's trying to say that Obama would not do a good job at making a decision at 3 in the morning. Whats stupid about it is that she wouldn't do a better job, the fact is that the only way you get the experience necessary to handle those calls are by being president. Last time I checked, neither Clinton, Obama, or McCain have been president. Her experience doesn't make her any better qualified, especially when the only important decisions she has had to make is whether to follow Bush into Iraq (and we all know what happened there).

But anyway, I didn't mean to go on a rant of my dislike of Hillary Clinton. The point and the title of this post is that I am totally digging Matt Pond PA right now, and the music is relaxing enough to make me slowly forget about politics. Its nice, because I can also ignore the fact that I got another less than perfect grade on a paper. Whatever, its just life.

In the last couple days I've started to realize that I miss some little things about the U.S. I miss baseball and driving and the park, but I don't actually miss being home. I guess the little things just don't really add up all that much. However, I do miss my friends a lot, but I talk to them online and through Skype all the time and constantly remind myself that I'll be hanging out with them in 4 months anyway. Working at summer camp really prepared me for being away, because every summer I would have to leave my friends for 2 months. I'd say that this preparation is the big reason why I'm feeling perfectly ok about being here.

Well thats all the time I really have. I guess I make like Brett Favre and gracefully depart. Be well.

AC

No comments:


Me with Vader, you know, hanging out

Church in Brussels