So it's been a long time since I've written anything, almost two weeks now. A lot has happened. The bike situation got a little better, my first replacement was not a great bike so I returned it to get a new bike that is very similar to my old one that got stolen. That bike was perfect and can't be replaced, but this one is still pretty sweet. I need to trick this one out with the same stuff as my old one (lights, awesome bell, etc.) and then I'll feel completely comfortable.
Liz has been here for the last week and we've had a lot of fun. We hung around Leiden mostly, because I still had classes this week and a paper to write. Thursday we went to Amsterdam which was a blast, even though it was pouring for the majority of the day. The Marijuana and Hemp Museum was very interesting, not that I have any particular interest in the subject. After walking around the city for a while (and we also took a canal boat tour which was awesome) we went to the Van Gogh Museum. The paintings on display there are incredible, and not just Van Gogh's works either. It was too much to see it all in one day, especially because we went with only an hour left before closing. Thanks to my museum card though I can go back whenever I want.
Life is good. I've been doing a lot of reading and listening to new music. Right now I'm all about the Long Winters and Kings of Leon, both of which are bands that I had music from but hadn't listened to a whole lot. Check them out, Kings of Leon was pretty big for a while but the Long Winters don't get much play except with people who are obsessed with The O.C. March Madness has caught my attention even though I don't have a TV and need to watch the games online. I didn't have time to fill out a bracket, but I'm calling the Final Four as UNC, Duke, Georgetown and Pittsburgh. Just watch, those picks are as solid as they come.
Anyway I'm too tired to type anymore and I figure this will be part I of two parts of a catch up post. Tomorrow Liz and I are headed to Utrecht, which should be cool. We'll get to see lots of castles. As always, be well.
AC
No comments:
Post a Comment