Today seemed like it was going to be a fantastic day. I woke up earlier than I have my entire time in the Netherlands (7:30) and got all my philosophy reading done, I went to go print out some things at the library, got groceries, and found out somebody stole my bike. It was locked too, somebody clipped it right off. That makes the count 2- this is the second time in six months that my bike has had the lock clipped off and stolen from just outside where I live. Maybe the kid who took my bike in New Brunswick followed me here, knowing that the Netherlands is famous for its large amounts of bikes.
Other than that really shitty incident, my week has been pretty good (I know its Monday but cut me some slack). Thursday night the Rutgers crew had awesome Mexican dinner (I know it was awesome because I helped prepare it) and went to Proost. Friday was a chill day for me, Saturday night was more bar-hopping, and Sunday was homework day. I've been really into two bands lately, Iron and Wine (actually not a band, just one guy) and Badly Drawn Boy. I like to write what bands I'm listening to in these blogs so I have a reference and so I can influence peoples music tastes. Also, if you're looking for a bad sitcom to watch (since that was my underlying theme for the week) watch "How I Met Your Mother". It was a naturally transition from "Freaks and Geeks" with Jason Segel in it, plus the cast is funny.
Other than that, I think I'm gonna try to improve my cooking while I'm here. I say why not, because I'm usually just cooking for myself and if I mess up I'm the only person who will know. I say if I try out one new recipe a week, stuff I pull off the internet, I'll have a pretty decent repertoire when I get back the US. Then I can impress the ladies (or just making excellent dinners).
Other than that, Liz will be here this week, so that will be a good time. Spring break is coming up, but now that I have to buy a new bike I don't know how much traveling I'll do. I'll have to figure it all out. As always, be well.
AC
No comments:
Post a Comment